1. Appraisal and assessment of all taxable real estate.
2. Maintenance of property information records, sales information, and tax maps. Providing information to other departments, outside agencies, and to the general public.
The Tax Assessor / Listers' Office is located on the second floor of the Town Offices at 77 Main Street and is staffed on Wednesdays only. However, the following property and tax-related information is available to the public 5-days/week in filing cabinets in the hallway outside the office, during regular business hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
1. Property transfer information (Granter and Grantee, deed book and page, sale date, and sale price)
2. Property ownership information, mailing addresses (updated on a regular basis)
3. Physical descriptions of taxable properties
4. Property record files
5. Tax maps
6. Land Use Information
7. Current Grand List