The Public Health & Safety Committee considers the community’s needs on a broad range of subjects, including traffic; parking and sidewalk management; pedestrian and bicycle safety; fire, police and medical emergency preparedness and equipment; weather-emergency preparedness; wildlife issues; environmental hazards; criminal justice; and keeps abreast of state-wide health trends and concerns. At-large members of the Committee represent the interests of all Middlebury citizens as they relate to these issues.
Regular Public Health & Safety Committee Meetings:
When: As needed
Time: 4:00 p.m.
Where: Middlebury Police Department
1 Lucius Shaw Lane
Public Health & Safety Committee Members:
- Tom Hanley, Middlebury Police Chief, Chair
- Andy Hooper, Selectboard Member Liaison
- Dan Brown, Selectboard Member Liaison (Alternate)
- Bill Kernan, DPW Operations Director
- Tom Scanlon, Town Health Officer
- David Shaw, Middlebury Fire Chief
- Laura Asermily, Citizen-at-Large
- Gary Baker, Citizen-at-Large
- Andrew L'Roe, Citizen-at-Large